Mercy’s Door has limited capacity. Please contact our office if you are interested in placing a child at Mercy’s Door.
The program at Mercy’s Door generally admits troubled children with mild to moderate emotional or behavioral problems, such as depression, anxiety, oppositional/defiant behavior, lying, stealing, school conduct problems, academic underachievement, poor social skills, issues related to past abuse, poor anger management, poor self-image, etc. Children and teens exhibiting more at risk behavior or severe problems will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- 1. Girls and boys, 6-17 at the time of admission.
- 2. Minimum I.Q. of 70. Must be able to participate and function in public school or alternative school.
- 3. No recent suicidal or homicidal behaviors. (Suicidality can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- 4. No current drug or alcohol dependencies.
- 5. No history of sexually offending behavior or sexual perpetration.
- 6. Youth referred from Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice are eligible, but considered on a case-by-case basis.