TITLE: HOUSE PARENT
FACILITY: Mercys Door
STATUS: FULL TIME/LIVE IN
Definition: The primary responsibility of a House Parent is to oversee the operation, labor, and management of the home, and maintain a daily log on each resident.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the operation, labor, and management of the house, and maintain a daily log on each resident, indicating both progress and problems.
2. Develop a care plan, in cooperation with the HSP, for each resident, containing goals and objectives with projected dates of accomplishment. This shall involve the resident, referring agency if relevant, and family whenever possible. This plan will be reassessed with the HSP every 90 days.
3. Assist with any educational homework program for each child.
4. Schedule and accompany resident to medical appointments and field trips.
5. Procure all items necessary for daily living.
6. Follow menus and give instruction in basic food planning/preparation.
7. Complete weekly reviews with the HSP regarding the status, progress, and family situation of each resident.
8. Participate as a member of the community and cooperate in community affairs, as feasible.
9. Present themselves as supportive and loving parent figures.
10. Attend staff meetings.
11. Coordinate and supervise volunteer involvement: mentoring, special classes, crafts.
12. Always promote unity among any and all staff.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Minimum of (1) year experience with children age 6-17 preferred. Must serve as part of a team. Must be at least 21 or older. Be capable of providing leadership to each of the children according to their specific needs and be physically able to fulfill all responsibilities of the position.
Valid Georgia or Tennessee Drivers license. (Class II license may be required)
The starting pay is $2,500 per couple monthly and also includes living expenses and living quarters within the home. You will get 2 weekends off per month and 1 day during the week.
Mercys Door, is an equal opportunity employer and hereby does not discriminate against race, religion, or national origin.